CHANDLER CHIROPRACTIC & SPORTS THERAPY provides treatment of work related injuries.

About Worker's Compensation

Workers' compensation laws provide medical benefits to employees injured as a result of an accident at work.  Workers' compensation is designed to protect workers and their dependents against the hardships from injurywork_related_injury.jpg arising from their jobs.  It is intended to benefit the employee and employer alike.  The employee receives medical benefits and a portion of hos/her salary in exchange for forfeiting the common law right to sue the employer.  The employer benefits by receiving immunity from court actions against them by the employee in exchange for accepting liability that is limited and determined.  The question of negligence or fault is generally is not an issue.  In Arizona , almost anyone who works for just about any employer is probably covered by workers' compensation.  To be eligible, you must be an employee and that is someone who works for another person under a contract of hire and receives a salary or hourly wage.  You do not have to be employed full-time and more than one employer can employ you, and it is not necessary that you have a written employment contract.  Employees include an illegal alien, minors and prisoners.

How Do I File A Claim?

You must notify your employer immeidately if you sustain any type of injury at work.  You should verbally tell your supervisor of the injury as soon as possible after you have been injured or realize you have a problem from the work you are doing.  It is also important, but not mandatory, that you give your employer written notice of the injury within thirty (30) days after the date of your injury.  If your injury developed over a period of time, you should notify your employer as soon as you have symptoms and realize that the problems are a result of your working condition.

Most employers have standard forms for reporting injuries, and if they do, you should make certain that either you personally fill out the forms or make sure that your supervisor fills them out.  When you report your injury to your supervisor, you are informing your employer that you have been injured, and this is different than filing a workers' compensation claim.


Get Directions
8270 S Kyrene Rd, Ste 106
Tempe, AZ 85284
Get Directions
  • Phone: 480.392.2810
  • Fax: 866.554.3772
  • Email Us


Featured Articles

Newsletter Sign Up